PDA

View Full Version : Festool Vac is here - Gloat

Byron Trantham
01-07-2004, 3:58 PM
Well Dave Avery I received my vac today. The first thing I did was see if the hose end would fit into the DeWalt biscuit cutter - it did!

I have been working on an adapter to connect my Bosh ROS. I'm just about there. I needed to get the hose before I drilled a hole in the adapter. Looks like everything is going to work. I will pics once I get it connected.

Boy this thing is quiet. Bye-Bye Sears. Fortunately when I wired my shop I used 12/2 and 20 amp outlets. The Festool plugged right in, no adapter needed.

Here's a couple pics of the unit and the DeWalt adapter plugged into the hose.

Dave Avery
01-07-2004, 4:50 PM
Congratulations Byron! You're going to love it. Dave.

Chris Padilla
01-07-2004, 7:26 PM
Byron,

Looks nice. I am trying to justfy the cost of Festool's products. It is nice to hear that everyone who has them simply loves them to death.

I have a Rigid vac that I am growing tired of putting on hearing protection every time I use it....

Bruce Page
01-07-2004, 9:07 PM
Byron,

Looks nice. I am trying to justfy the cost of Festool's products. It is nice to hear that everyone who has them simply loves them to death.

I have a Rigid vac that I am growing tired of putting on hearing protection every time I use it....

Chris, I have not heard the Festool nor do I know how much it costs, but I can't imagine how it could be any quieter than my Fein Turbo III.