PDA

View Full Version : Got my Grizzly G0490 Today (well sort of)

Carl Oresick
05-29-2007, 6:24 PM
I finally had my G0490 delivered today! :D I got the liftgate service and the order arrived last week but my UPS frieght didn't have a liftgate available until today for delivery.

My shock at seeing the condition of the crate in the truck! :eek:

All corners had the nails pulled out and the plywood was bent and deformed- like it crunched into a wall. The top was completely popped off with the shipping bands loose (probaly from the impact). The sides were coming undone from the bottom.

The jointer bed itself appeared ok from visual inspection but I decided I had lost confidence in the unit and contacted Gizzly noting the damage, I also noted it on the bill of lading. Grizzly customer service has been very understanding and we are working on switching the unit out with a new one.

Also, the stand had a big dent in the side.

So far based on their response to this crisis I would buy from Grizzly again.

Thanks for alowing me to vent!

Carl

Ralph Lindberg
05-29-2007, 8:04 PM
They will ding the shipper for the damage, and then resell the unit at one of the scratch and dent 'Tent" sales... Like the one in two weeks I am going to

Steve Jensen
05-29-2007, 9:39 PM
I was having bad luck with damaged shipments but Grizzly took care of me with no hassles. It's rare to find a company that will step up to the plate the way Grizzly has for so many others including myself. I'm sure they will take care of you.

glenn bradley
05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Carl, I'm sorry for the disappointment of the shipping damage. You did the right thing to exchange. And thanks for another post about Griz CS as I am after that same jointer.