PDA

View Full Version : shop update.

Bill Wyko
05-29-2007, 1:16 PM
Well this weekend my BIL had bought a new airless spray gun for painting. Let me tell you, if I was only allowed to give one piece of advice it would be to use an airless paint gun. My BIL painted everything for me, I was basically his laborer. He had the entire building first coated in about 20 minutes. The trim was a PITB but it all went very easily with the airless.
Then yesterday I put up the facia and started roofing. I'm close to 1/2 way done with the roof. Hopefully I will finish this evening or tomorrow evening. At least then I'll be down to windows and the door. Maby this weekend I can start moving tools in and get back to some turning.:D I'm really itching to try this hollowing rig. One good thing about not being able to turn is that your mind goes into overdrive with ideas for the future. I would like to just give a big thanks to my BIL for all his help. He's a member here too.

Ralph Lindberg
05-29-2007, 1:36 PM
Bill, I hear ya.... I can paint almost any home/shop/building in less then a day. Ok, except for the prep and masking time, and the followup trim. But they certainly do the body of a building fast.

I just plan wore out two airless painters, one building the house (painting inside and out), the other doing the house again and homes of (various) friends.

I finally bought a refurbished (commercial grade) from Glemm. (http://www.gleempaint.com/airspray.html) I also have gotten the parts and pieces to keep my HVLP finish sprayer running from them

Steve Schlumpf
05-29-2007, 4:55 PM
Glad to hear things are progressing - any chance you took some pictures???

Bill Wyko
05-29-2007, 5:28 PM
I left the camera at my work but I'll get some tonight.

Bill Wyko
06-06-2007, 3:23 PM
Well, doors are hung and the windows are in. A little trim and the attic area and it's ready to work in (via an extension cord from the house) The good news is that the electrician came today and dropped off the 200amp panel and some other stuff. I'll be back to turning by the weekend of the 23rd I hope. MAN I CAN'T WAIT! I installed a 15100 btu a/c unit last night so I'm all set for climate control. Eventually I'll insulate the building and either sheet rock or wood panel it but that can be done after I'm opperational. Pic to follow tomorrow.:) Lathe goes in this weekend.:D

TYLER WOOD
06-06-2007, 4:59 PM
Congrats Bill. I'm excited for you. I need to see your 120000 piece :eek: :D vessel finished soon. That should be exciting!!!

Bill Wyko
06-06-2007, 6:05 PM
Actually it's 2000 pieces but give me time, I'll probably try something that big soon.:D Believe me, it bugs me to see it sitting there 1/2 done (ok maby a 1/3rd done:D ) I've got all the turquoise beauty ring pieces done too. I'm hoping to put the lathe in the shop this weekend. At least then I can run an extension cord to it. Now I know what it must be like to overcome a drug addiction. Only thing is, I don't want to overcome the turning addiction. I want a fix.:D