PDA

View Full Version : rockler extra large router plate

nick brigg
05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
just wondering if the screws in my router that hold the base on to it are good enough to secure the router to a table router plate?

Tim Malyszko
05-29-2007, 1:33 PM
I have the extra large router plate and drilled it to fit my Dewalt Router. I use the screws that came with the router to attach the plate with no issues.

nick brigg
05-29-2007, 1:42 PM
i just didnt think those lil stubby screws that are on the router now will hold it up...i was thinking of drilling straight through the base and using screws and bolts...good idea or bad?

frank shic
05-29-2007, 4:05 PM
nick, if it makes you feel any better, every time i have to mount a router to a router plate, i usually have to find LONGER screws to make up the difference especially when attaching the dust collection unit to the 1 3/4 hp porter cable router.

nick brigg
05-29-2007, 7:40 PM
hum i just checked the instructions and apparently the holes rocker drilled are infact in the wrong place. they drilled holes that line up with the screws that attatch the subbase to the router...but there is another set of screws that go all the way through the base so you are able to bolt it into place and not stress the threads...

glenn bradley
05-29-2007, 10:21 PM
You don't mention what router you have. My Ryobi and my Milwaukee use pretty hefty screws and I used them for my plates with no problems. My plates are machined to mimic the original round plates that were about as thick.

nick brigg
05-30-2007, 3:31 AM
sorry! i have the bosch 1619EVS

pat warner
05-30-2007, 8:52 AM
The through holes in the 1619 casting are there to fasten the casting to an insert. Use 1/4-20 nuts and bolts.
The 4m's that are used to hold the subbase in place have such small heads they will loosen with time.
Routers (http://www.patwarner.com)