PDA

View Full Version : serpentine handrail

pete collins
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
just thought id share these also...built stairs and handrail about 3 yrs ago. we got more work with customer so i was able to get finished project pics last week. little back ground on these. i had just started to work for the company i am currently with,maybe there a few weeks, and the job super threw this my way. i thought they were trying to hang me with this project. or very least test me...what test....i think i passed...im still with the company...hehehe

Jeffrey Makiel
05-29-2007, 6:38 AM
This is some difficult looking work. Nicely done. Another member of our forum (Richard Wolf from Long Island) does some beautiful staircase work also.

-Jeff :)

Richard Wolf
05-29-2007, 7:15 AM
Nicely done. I know that kind of stuff isn't easy.
Thanks for the plug Jeff.

Richard

Chip Olson
05-29-2007, 3:33 PM
Nice!

I'd really hate to be the guy who has to move a big dresser up that staircase, though.

Bill Huber
05-29-2007, 3:40 PM
It never ceases to amaze me at the skill I see posted here.

Very beautiful work, I hope you were will paid, you should have been.

Jim Becker
05-29-2007, 3:57 PM
I'd really hate to be the guy who has to move a big dresser up that staircase, though.

I'm thinking that it would be an interesting walk after a few glasses of fine wine...:p

Outstanding work, Pete!

John Bush
05-29-2007, 5:53 PM
That's incredible Pete,
Could you provide some quick details on how you construct this type of project? Thanks, John.

pete collins
05-29-2007, 11:03 PM
richard wolf was one of the advice givers and i want to say thank you again.
for John, as far as making it...im not to good at explaining,better at just doing...lol. i had inside and outside curves to deal with, with 2 different angles, so i had to make 2 seperate bent rails and connect them for the main run with an overhand easing(wish i had a rail router like richard...maybe one day...hard to justify when i only get to do trick work maybe twice a year). i made spacer blocks to follow wall and used every clamp i had and some borrowed. glue,twisting and turning and lots o'patience. i am now a very firm believer of "you can never have to many clamps"

pete collins
05-29-2007, 11:15 PM
i still want to thank Richard Wolf for advice..but the advice i got was for another set of stairs which i posted also "curved stairs". And i still want a rail router...lol

Steve Clardy
05-30-2007, 7:23 PM
Very nice Pete!!