PDA

View Full Version : Shellac Seminar a huge hit!

Mike Mastin
01-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I am totally blown away by the response to our first woodworking related seminar. We have far exceeded our estimated attendance with 35 paid attendees!!!
I want to thank Keith Outten for posting the note here on the Creek about our first ever seminar. I am still in shock by the number of people that will be coming. WOW!

Dennis Peacock
01-07-2004, 11:46 AM
I am totally blown away by the response to our first woodworking related seminar. We have far exceeded our estimated attendance with 35 paid attendees!!!
I want to thank Keith Outten for posting the note here on the Creek about our first ever seminar. I am still in shock by the number of people that will be coming. WOW!

Mike,

I would be one of those....but I can't swing time off during the week to attend a seminar. If it was on like a Friday or Saturday....then I could and I WOULD attend.....I really <b>need</b> those types of classes. I need a class on shellac....I would like other finishing type classes.

Thanks for organizing the class....even though I can't attend "this one". :(

Ken Salisbury
01-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Mike - a suggestion to ya : video tape the seminar and make tapes available for sale to those of us who live too far away to attend.

Dennis Peacock
01-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Mike - a suggestion to ya : video tape the seminar and make tapes available for sale to those of us who live too far away to attend.

Woo-Wee..!!!! You ol' buzzard.....I <i><b>LIKE</b></i> your thinking.

Mark Bachler
01-07-2004, 12:38 PM

Speaking of tapes on finishing, does anyone know of any worth buying? I could use a little help in that area.

Dennis Peacock
01-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Most any of the Jeff Jewitt videos are good. I learned a lot from them.

Keith Outten
01-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Mike,

If I was in your local area you can bet I would be there. I like Ken's idea, find a local videographer and pay him to tape the seminar. Put me down for the first video.

Kurt Aebi
01-07-2004, 5:44 PM
You can put me down for a video if you can get one made. What a great idea Ken!

Duane Dennis
01-07-2004, 7:48 PM
For those who will be able to attend, I sure look forward to meeting you!! I used shellac for the first time on my last project, and as I'm planning on using it on my next, I need this in a big way! When you consider the price and availability of some of the local Woodcraft classes, the value Mike is providing here is a no brainer! Thanks for putting this on, Mike!

Martin Shupe
01-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Mike,

I would have been there, too, but I have to work. :(