PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here with a couple of questions

Jacqui Marlin
05-27-2007, 1:38 PM
I found this site while looking for info on Laser cutting machines and I am hoping I can get some input from you folks. I am considering getting a laser cutter for small scale work - miniature furniture kits and engraved art that I do. I have heard excellent things about Epilog (reading here) and the VersaTech machines but am also looking at the web site for Jamieson for a low cost small machine. Does anyone here have one? If so, can you tell me the pros and cons (particularly the cons!) of the tabletop machine. The price is good, wattage is good, but I need to know about reliability and service.

I am in Hawaii so service and repair, replacement parts, etc. are a BIG consideration for me. And since I would want to get this as a small part-time business investment and not have to spend huge amounts of time at it, a larger machine is probably not feasible. Any info you can give would be great.

Jacqui, Goddess of Chaos, GSOLFOT

Jacqui Marlin
05-27-2007, 1:44 PM
I checked out another thread related to the Jamieson so I did get some info there, but if anyone here owns one I would still like to explore further. Thanks. Jacqui, Goddess of Chaos GSOLFOT

Nancy Laird
05-27-2007, 2:27 PM
Jacqui, you might contact Chuck Burke, at American Pacific Trophy and Awards in Maui and talk to him. He might have some insight, and he's local for you.

Nancy

Mike Mackenzie
05-29-2007, 8:40 PM
Jacqui,

We have over a hundred of our lasers in Hawaii. I would be happy to give you contact references if you would like.

Send me a pm.

Marc Myer
05-30-2007, 4:32 PM
Jacqui,
I'm on the island of Oahu and would be happy to help as well.