PDA

View Full Version : Delta Random Orbital Bench Sander

Kim Spence
05-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I ran across a Delta Random Orbital Bench Sander, Model 31-750 today at a local used tool store. Anyone own or have any experience with one of these? I've never seen such a thing, don't believe they're made anymore, but wondered if it would be a good tool to own. It seemed to be in nearly like new condition and was priced at $150 if I remember correctly.

If you've never seen one, take a look at http://www.thisoldworkshop.com/delta-robs-review.htm

Thanks in advance for the info!
Kim

Michael Schwartz
05-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Seems kind of odd. I put my ROS in a bench vice every now and then to sand small peices and it seems like it might be usefull for that.

One can never have too many tools.

If it turns out to be junk you can always try to get 150 bucks for it on ebay or craigslist.

Jim Becker
05-27-2007, 9:33 AM
I think that Michael has the right idea...'could be a good tool if you work with very small components. But for general use, it will likely be obvious why they don't make them anymore. $150 seems steep, however...

Perry Holbrook
05-27-2007, 8:23 PM
I do work with a lot of small pieces, boxes, and a bench orbital sander is the best thing for the job. I actually was looking for something like the Delta last year, even posted a question about them here. I couldn't find one then. Instead, I bought a 1/2 sheet Milwaukee finish sander, don't remember the model.

It is a wonderful way to sand the small pieces. I just turn it upside down on top of my down draft table. No need to clamp it down.

Perry