PDA

View Full Version : Plumbers amoung us????

Glenn Clabo
05-26-2007, 5:52 PM
We are remodeling the power room and want to move the toilet 4-6 inches away from the wall...the question for you plumber types...does an offset flange cause problems with the "new" low flow toilets? I'm going to install a Kohler Memoirs...Class 5. We can deal with it closer to the wall...but the plunger needs to be something only for special occasions...if you know what I mean.:mad:

Mark Rios
05-26-2007, 9:32 PM
No Glenn, it shouldn't have any effect on the "low flow" workings however, 4" to 6" is a long way to "offset" the drain. Generally, a standard offset will only get you a couple of inches either way.

If your floor is wood you can get underneath and cut the drain lower and use a couple of 45's to move the hole. If you have a concrete floor, well, it can still be done but it's quite a bit more work.

HTH

Joe Pelonio
05-27-2007, 12:05 AM
We are remodeling the power room and want to move the toilet 4-6 inches away from the wall...the question for you plumber types...does an offset flange cause problems with the "new" low flow toilets? I'm going to install a Kohler Memoirs...Class 5. We can deal with it closer to the wall...but the plunger needs to be something only for special occasions...if you know what I mean.:mad:
Who names these toilets? Memoirs :confused:

Joe Chritz
05-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Hot is on the left, cold is on the right and water runs downhill. I plumbed a whole house that way and remarkably it works. :eek:

Actually Mark is correct in that 6 inches is a long ways for an offset.

The trap in most modern toilets is 2 inches, so by the time the flow makes it to the offset there shouldn't be any restrictions.

Joe

Mark Rios
05-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Who names these toilets? Memoirs :confused:

Memoirs.........ah yes. (Cue the harp strings.......) I remember that morning after we got back from Mexico.....................................:D :D :D