PDA

View Full Version : 4" 4 jaw selfcentering chuck

Dennis Puskar
05-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Can anybody tell me anything about the 4" 4 Jaw self centering wood chuck from Tool America ?

Are they good quality tools ?

Dennis

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Haven't seen THAT one. I have Nova, Oneway, And PSI chucks that all work well.

Bruce

Bob Hampton
05-25-2007, 12:36 AM
dennis I had one of those awhile back it was ok but i wouldn't buy it again...I had alot of things fly off with that one .
For about the same $ I would look at the utility chuck from grizzly...think i got it for about $50.00 with shipping and used it for about 3 years ..did lots of bowls big and small ...then upgraded to the grizzly vicmark clone because I wanted the one handle type ..just got tired of the tommy bar setup ...think that one goes for about $99.00

just my thoughts
Bob

Bob Hallowell
05-25-2007, 2:36 AM
Dennis, If you are looking for a cheap chuck I second the grizzly. I used it a while til I bought my psi baracuda 2. which is all I use now. Its just much easier to use but the grizzly works just fine.

Bob

Dennis Puskar
05-25-2007, 4:13 PM
Thanks for the info I appreciate your advice and suggestions.

Dale Bright
05-25-2007, 4:31 PM
Can anybody tell me anything about the 4" 4 Jaw self centering wood chuck from Tool America ?

Are they good quality tools ?

Dennis

Dennis,

I have that chuck from Tool America and it works fine. I have had no problems with it but as far as I can find there are no other jaws that will fit it. I also have the Barracuda 2 from PSI and it is a real bargain. You can find it on Amazon.com for a very good price.

Dale

Dennis Puskar
05-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks Dale I will have to check it out.

Dennis