PDA

View Full Version : Guard and Splitter for tilt-arbor table saw

Rick gould
05-24-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm trying to replace the guard and splitter on an old Atlas 8-inch tilt-arbor table saw. I need a fitting that clamps onto the (9/16 inch diameter) tilt-arbor shaft at the rear of the saw to which a guard and splitter can be attached. I've seen such a fitting on a current table saw, but I can't remember the make and model of that saw. If I can find that make and model, I think I can buy that fitting as a replacement part.

The fitting is essentially a steel rod with a hole drilled at a right angle to the rod at one end. The tilt-arbor shaft slides into that hole and the fitting is held in place by a set screw. A plate with a hole having the same diameter as the diameter of the rod is slid onto the rod and is also held in place by a set screw. Now the guard and splitter can be bolted to the plate so that it is directly behind the saw blade and just above the table.

I'd appreciate any leads to find such a device or fitting, or any other fitting that might be available as a replacement part of contemporary saw that I could attach to my old Atlas.

Thanks,
Rick