PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Transmission Brake???

Justin McCurdy
05-24-2007, 8:39 PM
Guys and Gals,

I need a second oppinion...I have a Husqvarna tractor with a hydrostatic transmission. The problem started last year when the whole tractor's motion seized up. The engines and blades were still turning without a problem but I could not move the tractor. I had a guy from the local shop come and pick it up to see what was wrong. $150 later, it is a problem with the transmission brake. They said they had never had one of their tractors come in to have that serviced. I said no big deal, stuff happens, its fixed, right? WRONG. After putting about 10 more hours on the tractor (now a total of 52 hrs.), it has completely locked up again. I cannot see anything going wrong. The hydrostatic drive handle still moves. The whole thing kinda shakes when I try to go forward or back (I am assuming because the brake is locked). I just don't want to go back and pay these guys another $150 for a shotty at best band-aid to another problem. These tractors aren't that complicated, I just don't know exactly what I'm looking for. If it is some sort of oiling or maintenance that I can do, I would like to find out.

Any suggestions, ideas?

Thanks,
Justin