PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Speedy 300 material template setup help

Pretesh Patel
05-24-2007, 7:23 PM
Hi We just bought the Trotec Speedy 300 30w laser machine. I would like to find out in the trotec job control software under material template setup, there are 5 colour options to fill in or 5 options to engrave, or cut or skip. How do you go about using these 5 options. I received training 2 days ago and I asked this question to the trotec training consultant and he told me that those dont work and you can only use the black for engraving and the red for cutting. Surely you should be able to use the other ones if they are available there. Is it possible to engrave different alphabets at different powers and speed using the different colour options??

Mike Null
05-24-2007, 8:58 PM
Pretesh

Your assumption is correct. Like many reps, this one doesn't know his product. You need to set up a color palette to match the Job Control palette then do exactly what you want to do. (there are actually 16 color options)

If you are in the US, Trotec tech support is excellent and I would call them for further assistance.

If not, when you open the materials window click on "more" and expand the color options. As you highlight each one it will tell the RGB value and you can set your palette accordingly.

If you have a problem with this just respond on the forum as I check in everyday.

I've had my machine for 10m months now and I love it.

Hi We just bought the Trotec Speedy 300 30w laser machine. I would like to find out in the trotec job control software under material template setup, there are 5 colour options to fill in or 5 options to engrave, or cut or skip. How do you go about using these 5 options. I received training 2 days ago and I asked this question to the trotec training consultant and he told me that those dont work and you can only use the black for engraving and the red for cutting. Surely you should be able to use the other ones if they are available there. Is it possible to engrave different alphabets at different powers and speed using the different colour options??

Dean Carpenter
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
If you are using CorelDraw then you can load the palette trotec_more.cpl with all 16 driver colours in the correct order.

The CPL file can be found on your Trotec user CD (if you can't find it email me and I'll send you the CPL file dean@laserite.com) Load it to CorelDraw by going menu Window, Color Palettes, Open Palette.

This will load the colour palette of the driver along side the standard Corel one. Very useful

To engrave by colour: if you are using a modern version of the Trotec driver check the box Halftone Off and then the individual colours will be rastered with whatever parameters that you have set for them, so long as the colour is set to Engrave (not Cut or Skip).

Dean