PDA

View Full Version : Blue sky modification to old TS

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-24-2007, 8:32 AM
I'm thinking of attaching my old conventional TS to the far rear right side of my slider.
It'll expand the surface area and give me a second blade which I'd use as a metal cutting saw and a fast secondary operation blade when I have my main saw tied up in some set up I don't want to break down.

Sounds like a good idea to me~!! b Besides storing the thing is an issue and if I affix it to the main saw it'll fit in nicely taking up no more room.

Here is the catch:
The old TS blade tilts off to the operator's Left . The only position I have for it would make it nearly impossible to access the tilt crank wheel. ERGO: I'm thinking about reversing the position and mounting the crank and lead screw on the other side of the saw cabinet.
It's a conventional trunnion saw and I think the parts should be reversible. Any one ever tried this?

Curt Harms
05-28-2007, 9:17 AM
Would there be any way to use a flexible cable drive or belt/chain mechanism? Possibly even bring a second shaft from the accessible side and rig some sort of chain-sprocket mechanism to drive the original shaft?

HTH

Curt