PDA

View Full Version : vector table

Dean Barber
05-23-2007, 9:30 PM
What is the diffrence between a vector table & a honeycomb table? Or are they the same thing? I am just wondering because I have visited a couple sites. 1 site has a vector table under options, another has honeycomb table..So if someone would explain the diffrence if any. Also is one better than the other ? is it worth the extra money?
Thanks

Carol VanArnam
05-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Dean, they are the same thing just 2 different names....

Dean Barber
05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Thank you -Carol

Dean

Mike Null
05-24-2007, 8:13 AM
Dean

Carol is right in the respect that both are vector cutting grids however they are not the same. The honeycomb is what it implies, a honeycomb of hexagonal shaped cells usually about 1/4" or smaller.

The other type is a square celled grid with cells about 1/2" square. This one is made of a heavier gauge of aluminum thus permitting the 4 times larger cells. I believe the larger cells provide for a better airflow.

None of the vector grids was specifically designed for a laser application, even the ones sold by the manufacturers. They have been adapted from industrial and commercial applications for which they were originally designed.

Joe Pelonio
05-24-2007, 9:18 AM
The honeycomb is a component of the vector table. I've replaced my honeycomb after it developed sags, especially in the center of the left half.

The table part raises the honeycomb so air can flow beneath it.

Dean Barber
05-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Thank you for all the answers...