PDA

View Full Version : Walker-Turner Driver Line Lathe??? ID help

Clint Jones
05-23-2007, 7:17 PM
This is my first post in this forum I mainly lurk in the handtools section. Can anyone ID this for me??? Is it pieces to a lathe??? How complete is it?? I am going to be purchasing a lathe soon (Jet mini VS) and am wondering if there is any kind of market for these parts so I can sell and put towards the purchase of my first lathe. If its junk and worth nothing its no big deal the price was free so anything is good with me.

Link to Woodnet deleted

Curt Fuller
05-23-2007, 8:56 PM
Shane Whitlock restored a Walker Turner lathe. Those parts might look familiar to him. If he doesn't see this in the next day or so send him a PM.

Wilbur Pan
05-23-2007, 9:46 PM
Those parts look like they belong to an early 1930's Walker Turner lathe. You can see a picture of one on the fifth page (labeled Page 7) of this reprint of a 1931 catalog of Walker Turner tools made for Sears (http://www.owwm.com/files/PDF/WalkerTurner/1931-WT-SearsCatalog.pdf).

Eyeballing the parts, it looks like there isn't anything resembling a bed, and the large flat piece may be from another tool altogether. It seems that there are a lot of banjos, bur no tool rests per se. There are some round pieces, but nothing that looks like a pulley wheel for the headstock. My guess is that you might have a number of spare parts, but not really a complete lathe.

Clint Jones
05-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for everyones help I found out its parts to many different machines lathe etc. from their 1931 line. Thanks again