PDA

View Full Version : "Yellow" ribbon shape needed

Rod Williamson
05-23-2007, 6:42 PM
I tried some local laser owners from the directory, with no luck, so I'm posting here to find someone who might help me.

I need a small ribbon shape (a la yellow, pink, or red type you see in honor of causes) cut from baltic birch plywood. I need these cut from 3/8 inch thick stock, with a maximum width of 5/8 of an inch. Length is not as important as long as it is appropriate with the width. I need only 10 cut now, but more of this shape and other shapes might follow...if my brainstorm works for their use.

I have a jpeg graphic I could supply...I'm thinking this might be a common shape that some might have on file in vector format.

If you are interested in making these for me, please respond via home email: rvwmson@insightbb.com

I'm aware this will not be a big money maker for you, but thought I would test the waters. Thanks

Carol VanArnam
05-26-2007, 9:30 PM
you say in one place 3/8 but then you say 5/8.

can you give me a L x W x H measurement. I've got the pattern you are looking for I just need to be sure what measurements you are looking for....

Gary Hair
05-27-2007, 1:55 AM
you say in one place 3/8 but then you say 5/8.

can you give me a L x W x H measurement. I've got the pattern you are looking for I just need to be sure what measurements you are looking for....

I read that as the ribbon being 5/8" wide and the material being 3/8" thick - could be wrong though.

I can't cut 3/8" wood, could you get by with something closer to 3/16"? If so, I could help you out.

Gary

Rod Williamson
05-28-2007, 8:49 PM
Sorry for the confusion on dimensions.

I need to get to 3/4 inch thickness. I could glue and stack thinner pieces to get that thickness. I need to stay at a width of 5/8 inch.

Frank Corker
05-29-2007, 4:58 AM
Carol if you are looking for Ribbon stuff, this might help you, perhaps Rod might see the shape he wants in this lot. Only problem is that they are RED ribbon shape and not Yellow.... :D

Carol VanArnam
05-30-2007, 3:11 AM
Rod

I think this is what you are looking for. If you make it .625 (5/8") wide it would then be 1.21" tall. My only point here is that would be pretty small to then make it 3/4 inch thick. Just something to think about.....

If this is what you are looking for I guess I can make them for you... email me and we can talk....