PDA

View Full Version : Moving old Delta 14" BS in a wagon

Charles Wilson
05-22-2007, 9:59 PM
I don't want to bother my FIL with asking to use his truck. I have a VW Passat Wagon and would like to move a BS from its old home to my home. Any info as to how I could disassemble the US made Delta to transport?

Thanks,
Chuck

glenn bradley
05-23-2007, 1:35 AM
If properly supported it could ride on its spine. This assumes the stand and motor are removed.

Andrew Williams
05-23-2007, 3:34 AM
When I bought my 14" Jet I did not bother bringing the trailer. It comes in two boxes and fits easily in the cargo section of an ordinary SUV. Wagon should be fine if you take the saw off of the stand.

Jim Chilenski
05-23-2007, 8:23 AM
Also take the time to remove the table. It's only four bolts and will save the trunnions from breaking if the table were to be bumped.

Jim

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-23-2007, 8:42 AM
The cast iron little delta?? If it's the one I think you can move that in a wheelbarrow. More worry for the interior of the car than the saw.

Dick Strauss
05-23-2007, 2:41 PM
Charles,
I moved mine from in my Accord. You'll need to remove the complete base/leg assembly, motor/mounting plate, and table. The remaining wheel/arm assembly is pretty heavy but I sat mine upright on the floor of my back seat. You'll want to have an extra set of hands for the 150+lb wheel/arm assembly because of the awkward lifting angles going into and coming out of the car.