PDA

View Full Version : Washing Ceramarked parts?

James Stokes
05-22-2007, 6:31 PM
I do a lot of ceramarked data tags. Does any one have a good way of washing these after done? I have 2 orders for 4x4 tags, The first is 400 tags and the second is 850. I usually just do it by hand but that gets old.

Joe Pelonio
05-22-2007, 7:20 PM
I did on once where I dropped them into the sink of soapy water and then pulled them out one at a time and wiped with a cloth. Had to rinse the cloth out a few times. I don't think there's any really easy way.

pete hagan
05-22-2007, 8:05 PM
What about a dishwasher??

Certainly you could find a fine mesh basket to keep them in. Don't know how that would work but tell me why it wouldn't so I can learn.

Pete

James Stokes
05-22-2007, 9:14 PM
Unfortunatly I do not have a dishwasher. The main problem I have is after washing them, unless I have someone drying them they stick together.

I think what I am going to do is take a piece of acrylic, bend legs on it and cut slots in it to slide the tags in. I will make several and make them stackable. That is the best I can come up with. I am still open to any other ideas.

Larry Alles
05-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I just use an air hole. Just put the plates into a shop towel held in one hand with the plates and blow off the plates while shaking them around a little. It dries them off fairly good.

Bill Cunningham
05-22-2007, 11:08 PM
I went to a dollar store, and bough a couple of small waste baskets, their vinyl coated metal, with a 3/8 mesh.. I throw small parts into it, put it in the shop sink, and hit em with the hose and hot/warm water.. Works every time..

Rodne Gold
05-23-2007, 2:31 AM
Firstly brush off the excess into a container , it can be reused.
Then just use warm soapy water and drop the tags into it , let em soak and then rinse and dry.

Brian Robison
05-23-2007, 9:42 AM
I wash off the bulk of the Thermark using a outside type spray nozzle hooked up to hot water and then use a small ultrasonic cleaner to finish up.

Steven Smith
05-23-2007, 9:48 AM
What about a dishwasher??

Certainly you could find a fine mesh basket to keep them in. Don't know how that would work but tell me why it wouldn't so I can learn.

Pete
If your detergent contains any chlorine there may be a unfavorable reaction with the aluminum. I'd do a test before a big batch...