View Full Version : Where can I purchase adhesive backed film to make signs?

John Pickett
05-22-2007, 5:50 PM

Anyone know where I can purchase adhesive backed materials to make signs? I like to cut letters 10" tall for the sign.

What type of materials do you guys use? Do you use that hi performance vinyl? If so, are you concerned about the corrosive effects of the vinyl?


Mitchell Andrus
05-22-2007, 6:08 PM
I get my stuff from Sign Warehouse. The extremely small amount of material vaporized while cutting is not worth mentioning. Cutting, no problemo.


Scott Shepherd
05-22-2007, 7:53 PM
Depends what you're talking about exactly, but I have used both Rowmark and IPI's ultra thin materials. About .004" of an inch thick with adhesive backing on them.

Works very well. I've used it for quite a few office windows/doors.

Larry Bratton
05-22-2007, 8:35 PM
What are you asking for? You said "film". Their is vinyl that would ordinarily be cut with a plotter or their are some thin engraving materials that can be cut with the laser. Sign warehouse would be good as Mitchell suggested for the vinyl, or if you want engraving material, I get mine from Johnson Plastics.