PDA

View Full Version : Router bit to create hole for mounting on wall

Don Morris
05-22-2007, 4:08 PM
I've seen wood items like plaques that had a hole in the back with a slot up from the hole. To me it just looked like you dropped a dovetail bit in and just went forward a little, then backed it out. Is there a specific bit out there I'm missing that works best for such a process? Thanks for any ideas. I have to hang a couple fairly thick wood items on a wall and that seems like a good way to do it.

Hoa Dinh
05-22-2007, 4:12 PM
Do a search for "keyhole router bit." You'll find plenty of info.

Bert Johansen
05-22-2007, 4:32 PM
Don, copy this and paste it into your web browser. It will get you to Rockler's versions of this router bit.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2139

Gene Fisher
05-22-2007, 4:46 PM
I use the metal keyhole hangers. Get them at my friendly Ace hardware store. You can recess them into the project and mount to the wall.

Don Morris
05-23-2007, 9:16 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna go with the hanging slot router bit. That's exactly what I was looking for and as good fortune would have it I just received my 15% Best Customer offer from Rockler. Should at least take care of shipping, plus gives me a good reason to tell LOML that I should go through their catalog for other items because of the discount...right?