PDA

View Full Version : Installing Epilog Drivers

Allan Wright
05-22-2007, 11:47 AM
In preparation for receiving my (used) laser, I went to the Epilog site and downloaded the drivers, but for some reason it kept coming up with a missing file. I'm trying to download the Legend TT printer driver.

Do I need the laser hitched up to the computer to install the driver, or am I just doing something wrong?

Peck Sidara
05-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Allan,

I just downloaded the TT driver from our website w/o difficulty. You're downloading V6.01 with an exe file extension. Once downloaded, unzip the file and you should have 5 files total. Save these 5 files to a specific folder on your PC. There are 2 .dll files, 1 .inf file, 1.pcd file and 1.hlp file.

If you're still having difficulty installing, contact our tech reps at 303.215.9171 for further assistance. It should work for you though, only other thing is to make sure you're installing it on XP, 2000 or Vista (32bit).

Regards,

Allan Wright
05-22-2007, 4:25 PM
I'll try again. Thanks it is XP professional. I'll call tech support if it doesn't work.

Allan Wright
05-22-2007, 4:31 PM
I just tried again, but it just faile asking for the file 'LEGENDGPC.PCD' which isn't part of the download. I guess I'll call tech support, but I think I'll wait until the laser arrives just in case it comes with the original driver CD.

Allan Wright
05-22-2007, 4:36 PM
Doh! Nevermind, I figured it out, I think. Only the EX choice worked. Hopefully that's the same driver my TT uses, because the other choice it offered me was the one that didn't load.

Peck Sidara
05-22-2007, 4:50 PM
Allan,

The EX and TT uses the same driver.

Allan Wright
05-23-2007, 9:33 AM
Most excellent - thanks for the confirmation! At least the PC is ready for the laser to arrive now!