PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Clamp Co. - CS

glenn bradley
05-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I had picked up some deep throat pipe clamps about a year ago because YCNHEC. I came across a reason to use them and so opened them up . . . no little spring-things for the ends of the pipe.

These are not a big deal but they keep the threads from getting buggered (in case you want to extend your pipes) and act as a stop if you're not paying attention (who, me?).

I figured, nothing ventured, nothing gained and so emailed ACC customer service and asked how much these little guys were. 3 days later a bag of them appeared in my mailbox.

Alex Yeilding
05-22-2007, 2:24 PM
Glann, I generally don't like "me too" posts, but feel compelled to second your comment. I had a CabinetMaster with the aluminum casting that broke. Probably out of warranty, but I had heard that they acknowledged this problem and would make it right, so I emailed them. They said "no problem," they would send out a new CI casting that fixes the problem. Figuring "nothing ventured nothing gained", I asked aobut my other seven cabinetmasters bought at the same time--should I just plan to contact them if another breaks. "No, we'll send you replacement casting for all of them so you can fix them all at the same time."

Fixing a product defect even when it is out of warranty is the kind of good customer service I would like to expect of anyone. Going beyond that to fix what might break in the future is going above and beyond IMHO, unless there were a safety issue.