PDA

View Full Version : Just too funny not to mention...

mark page
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Been trying to think of a tactful way of telling this, but guess I will just dive in. Hopefully this will not get me evicted from the board and will try to keep it as tasteful as possible. But she really did one on herself and downright funny to boot.
So it starts as LOML getting the mail. She comes to me holding a catalog where I can't see the title. She starts off by telling me that the first thing she thought of when she saw it was two men starting a company from their own shops with too much idle time on their hands.
She turns it around and it's a Woodpeckers catalog. Buzzes right over my head and I commence to tell her that yes it's like the bird, but if looking on the internet, its Woodpeck cause some bird lover probably got the woodpecker domain name cornered. Then it dawns on me, I commence to tell her that its one long word, no spaces and not hyphenated.

Mitchell Andrus
05-22-2007, 8:24 AM
Now THAT'S FUNNY!

mark page
05-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Yep, that's my LOML...She's a farm bred plow-girl (means she has plenty of common sense), has a very high IQ and a psychology major from well established university (means she has a whole lotta book smarts to boot), so there aren't a whole lot of these "little moments" to cherish, but this is one of them.