PDA

View Full Version : Dogtag scan/jig

Craig Hogarth
05-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Does someone have a dogtag jig or scan I can have? I have to make a couple hundred tonight and my scanner just crapped out on me. Brand new too.

Anyways, a scan would be great if possible as the graphic is going around the hole.

Thanks all.

Carol VanArnam
05-21-2007, 10:59 PM
email me and I'll send it to you

Craig Hogarth
05-21-2007, 11:44 PM
email me and I'll send it to you

sending in 10 seconds.....

Carol VanArnam
05-22-2007, 1:33 AM
i use this all of the time. i buy my dog tags off of ebay there is an excellent company to get them from. much better price than laserbits. actually laserbits buys them from the guy that sells them by the hundred on ebay.

i use 1/8 baltic birch for my jigs...

Tom Cullen
05-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Carol,
would you happen to know the cpmpany name on e-bay that sell the tags? I went looking but couldn't find blank tags. I saw colored ones but the guy was selling them engraved. Do they require a spray of Cermark or can they be directly engraved ?

Thanks
Tom

Mike Null
05-22-2007, 12:10 PM
http://www.chewbarka.com/

Laura Zaruba
05-22-2007, 1:43 PM
Also, Frank at Chewbarka is more than happy to supply you with samples by request. I HIGHLY recommend this company and their products. :)

~Laura Zaruba

Tom Cullen
05-22-2007, 8:51 PM
Thanks guys , just placed an order with Frank. Very nice guy , plesant to talk with and very helpful, he even sent me templates for all the tags he supplies.

Thanks
Tom

Carol VanArnam
05-22-2007, 9:37 PM
Frank is the ebay guy I buy from. He sells to Laserbits but Frank's prices are better. The samples are great. I go to his store on ebay and see what he has then ask for a sample. I love his product. The dog tag (lasered on 1 side) and neck chain I sell wholesale for $1.75. What are you folks selling them for?

I juse my jig I posted and wow can you make the tags fast..... I need a supplier for chains does anyone know of a place to get them?

Carol VanArnam
05-22-2007, 9:38 PM
Tom- what kind of template did he send you is it a .cdr file?

Laura Zaruba
05-23-2007, 8:04 AM
Carol:

I think I used to buy chains from www.ballchain.com (http://www.ballchain.com).

~Laura Zaruba