PDA

View Full Version : LOML is getting back into turning too

Tom Sherman
05-21-2007, 6:35 PM
My lovely wife has begun to make some shavings as well, thought I'ld show some of her handywork. A small weed pot from Bradford Pear and four Wallstreet II pens two from Blackwood, and two from Honduran Mahogany

Bernie Weishapl
05-21-2007, 6:50 PM
That is to cool Tom. Those pens are beauties. I like the weedpot. Tell her she did a great job on them. Keep'em coming.

Jonathon Spafford
05-22-2007, 1:53 AM
Awesome work... they all look good, but I 'specially like them pens! Really look great! What is her finish?

Dick Strauss
05-22-2007, 1:52 PM
Tom,
You know what this means...it means you need a second lathe (maybe a PM3520 if you don't already have one) so that you don't have to share and can turn at the same time. I don't think the second lathe idea will fly but try it anyway!!!

It's great to hear that she shares your interest in woodturning! She's well on her way into the abyss...

Take care,
Dick

Frank Kobilsek
05-22-2007, 2:27 PM
Tom,

Please talk about how this works. I see two sides to this coin.

Curious.

Frank

Steve Schlumpf
05-22-2007, 3:48 PM
Tom - let your wife know that she did a really good job on everything - specially the pens! I look forward to her next posting!

Tom Sherman
05-22-2007, 4:48 PM
Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm so proud of her I could just about bust.
She uses Mylands for her finishes, says she likes the way it looks and not interested in changing. She has purchased all of our lathes 4 and loves to turn has claimed the Jet Mini and really likes it. I am really lucky to have her she has supported me and encouraged me every step of the way.