PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Lamar Sherrill
05-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am sorta new to this forum ( Nov 2006 ) I have been surfing this site and reading the posts. There are a lot of talented turners availabel on this site and all seem very friendly ( family like )

I have been turning since 1997 mostly pens, key chains, small bowls, etc and still have a lot to learn.

I am a Tool & Die Engineer by trade. I also have my own machine shop where I make custom turning tools and tool rests.

My hobbies include Woodturning, Fishing, Machining and designing new woodturning tools and baseball with my kids.

Thanks to everyone who posts to this site I along with lots of others are learning much, Most not available with out taking a class somewhere.

Thanks again

Lamar Sherrill

Keith Burns
05-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Welcome Lamar !! Sounds like you will have a lot to contribute here, other than the fishing stuff:D

Travis Stinson
05-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Welcome Lamar. Having your own machine shop sounds very interesting. ;)

Steve Schlumpf
05-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the Creek Lamar! Looking forward to seeing some of your turnings!

Bernie Weishapl
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome to SMC Lamar. Sounds like you will have a lot to share with us.

Christopher K. Hartley
05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Welcome Lamar! Sounds like you will fit right in! I'd really like to see some of your turning tools as well as your turnings. Looking forward to your submissions.:)

Don Orr
05-21-2007, 1:52 PM
Howdy Lamar and welcome to the Creek. Glad to have you wading in along with us.

Paul Engle
05-21-2007, 2:06 PM
Welcome Lamar! boy golly is your machine shop is gonna be busy makeing all kinds of neat stuff,,,,,:D

Mike Vickery
05-21-2007, 3:52 PM
Good to see you getting back into turning Lamar. Does this mean you have finally finished the engineering degree?

I have purchased a modular tool rest for my mini from Lamar and he made all of the pin chucks I used for making closed end pens. His work is top notch.

Dale Bright
05-21-2007, 6:50 PM
Welcome Lamar, I am am pretty new here as well and most of the time I just read and learn from this site. The people here are great and there is a lot of talent on this forum. I check this forum 2 or 3 times a day.

I got the Modular Tool Rest system you made for me in today's mail and it is perfect. The Box Rest is very substantial and the extra length you put on the posts is perfect for the Rikon Mini.

For those of you that don't know, Lamar sells some really good tool rests and a very reasonably priced hollowing system. His site is http://www.sitekreator.com/sherrillwoodworking/index.html.

Thanks Lamar,

Dale Bright

Jonathon Spafford
05-22-2007, 1:55 AM
Welcome to the creek! We have some nice fish swimmin' 'round in here... leastwise, they don't bite too bad! Anyway, post often, post lots of pix, and make sure ya have fun! Great to have you around!

Lamar Sherrill
05-22-2007, 6:34 AM
Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome and the kind comments.

Glenn Hodges
05-22-2007, 8:34 AM
Welcome to another Southern woodturner. I hope to see some of your work soon.

Tom Sherman
05-22-2007, 3:43 PM
Welcome to the Creek Lamaar, look forward to seeing some of your turnings and some of your machine work.