PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone identify this TS?

Stephen Clem
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Help me identify this table saw: http://huntsville.craigslist.org/tls/332256800.html

I currently have a cheap craftsman tablesaw that I bought for $129.00 new. :o I was new to WWing...i mean newER, and didn't know any better. Anyway, the blade is still 1/16" off parallel from the fence and miter slot even after adjusting as far as it will let me. So I've been using my circular saw with jigs.

So if anyone can identify this TS on cragislist for me, please let me know if it is a good deal and a good saw. Thanks!

Mike Circo
05-21-2007, 1:00 PM
Partial answer.

That is a contractors saw of, probably, Taiwanise origin. I'd guess it is at least 10 years old (maybe older) as I haven't seen that type of stand in a long time. Possibly a Grizzly, but hard to tell from one picture. Could be from any of the importers, many of which have gone the way of the dodo. It is NOT a true cabinet saw so don't be fooled by the solid looking front, the sides are open.

You'd quickly become unhappy with that fence, they are sturdy but not very accurate and require a lot of checking and parallel adjustment to be useful. So allow some funds for a fence upgrade.

If it runs well, offer $100 and try to upgrade the fence.

Oh.... Get a guard and splitter!!!

richard poitras
05-21-2007, 1:06 PM
I think it is a Grizzly also.....

Jim Thiel
05-21-2007, 1:25 PM
Partial answer.

Possibly a Grizzly, but hard to tell from one picture.

That's what I was thinking, the 1022? My 1996 american woodworker tool buyers guide shows a 1 1/2 hp motor, a dead ringer for the looks.

new she was 375.

Jim