PDA

View Full Version : In one week, I will be a married man!

Dan Mages
05-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I haven't been posting much around here lately. Life has been on a real high point for the past year despite all of the pressures with getting the house up for sale, prepping for my move to Milwaukee, the wedding plans, and now a job search since I have recently been laid off.. I have found the one one my heart desires and we will be getting married a week from today. Allison and I could not be happier. Neither of us have any doubts about taking this next step in our relationship. I cannot express in words how happy I am to be marrying someone so wonderful and special.

Have a good one!!

Dan :D

Leigh Costello
05-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Congratulations!

Now back to work, man! We women want our men packed, moved and ready to do our bidding! Just kidding!

Good luck with your move and especially your coming nuptials.

...19+ years and just today I asked myself what I did to deserve my handsome hubby...:p

Dennis Peacock
05-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Congrats Dan.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allison too!!!!!!!

Here's to hoping the very best to you both and may your new job search be one that lands the one job you've always wanted.

John Schreiber
05-21-2007, 1:24 AM
Congratulations. Getting married was the best decision I ever made. Hope yours is as good as mine. 20+ years and counting.

Rich Engelhardt
05-21-2007, 6:23 AM
Hello Dan,
LOL!
Wait till she uses one of your prized wood chisel's to open a paint can :D your elation will turn to,,,,

Just kidding (mostly anyhow ;) ).

My "amazon temptress" and I celebrated our 26th anniversary this past April.

I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
I'm pretty sure she would too.
I doubt if that would be her response though if I went in and woke her up at 5:00am to ask her.

I'll let you in on the secret of making marriage work.
Let her make all the "minor" decisions, and you make all the "major" decisions. T
That's what I've done.
I'm happy to report that in those 26 years - - nothing "major" has had to be decided :D

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-21-2007, 2:38 PM
Congratulations. One piece of advice I shall pass along and once given you can do with it whatever you please.

Do not let the purchase of a machine or tool become a thing for which you need a dialog with anyone but yourself.

Jim Becker
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Well...life is good. You even picked a woman with the right name! (despite it having an extra "L"....)

Best wishes and Mazel Tov to you both!

Belinda Barfield
05-22-2007, 9:13 AM
;) Congratulations!

Here's to the bride that is to be,
Here's to the groom she'll wed,
May all their troubles be light as bubbles
Or the feathers that make up their bed!

How lucky the two of you are to have found each other. Just think, soon you'll get a "little piece (of her) mind" on a regular basis. ;) :D

Steve Hayes
05-24-2007, 5:07 PM
Congrats!! I did the same thing on the 4th of this month. Had a great time then I realized what I had done. I'm still hiding under my workbench in the shop hitting myself in the head with a hammer. :D