PDA

View Full Version : new tools

steve tompkins
05-20-2007, 9:41 AM
here are a couple of tools i've picked up . the band saw came from the tampa wood working show, and the shaper came from a local yard sale.

Roy McQuay
05-20-2007, 10:24 AM
That shaper looks as old as the bandsaw:D . Nice hunting. I wish I liked warm weather so I could go to yard sales in a retirement area.

Brad Townsend
05-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Wow! Did you say "YARD SALE"? As in used furniture, old clothes, dishes, toys, and SHAPERS? Sure beats the heck out of any yard sale I've been to.

mark page
05-20-2007, 11:02 AM
YARD SALE!!!! Where was it--between the $0.50 polyester and the $0.75 1960's glassware!!!! Yeeks, what a find!!!
Kinda reminds me of my college days...It's trash day in the rich neighborhoods, lets go furniture shopping....lol

Don Bullock
05-20-2007, 9:56 PM
Wow! Did you say "YARD SALE"? As in used furniture, old clothes, dishes, toys, and SHAPERS? Sure beats the heck out of any yard sale I've been to.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've never see a shaper or any other nice machine like that at any yard sales I've driven passed, much less the ones I've stopped at.:eek:

steve tompkins
05-22-2007, 6:13 PM
the guy was selling his whole shop. he said his wife wanted her garage back. kinda sad, i saw some of his work. it was first rate.

Benjamin Dahl
05-22-2007, 9:40 PM
steve, I think the rikon is the new 14" deluxe. if so, I'd like to hear your impressions of it as I am considering the same model. great score at the yard sale.
thanks,
Ben