PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly tent sale

Rick Moyer
05-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Just got back from the tent sale. some random prices I wrote down while I was there for those interested:
1023 saws; they had many with wing holes off center $775
0586 jointers, marks on table, dented base $499-$595
0490 jointers, I forgot what minor problem $550
0514X3 bandsaw, pitting and scrathces on table $850

There were probably 25-50 1023 saws there, maybe 75 jointers of various sizes, etc. Many items had only minor problems, some items had several things needing fixed and of course were discounted more.

I needed a dado set and opted for the dewalt for $89.95, saved about $20. Also scored a Milwaukee 5625 router for $223 with choice of either palm sander, 3/8 corded drill. or 18 ga. brad nailer FREE. These were all new items from the vendor displays. Forrest had their Dado King for $225 I think, didn't check the price of a WW2 as I just got one of those a few months ago and didn't really want to know how much. I meant to take pics but forgot my camera, sorry.

As others have said before, if you want a pc of larger machinery, get there right away. I arrived about 8:15 and about 1/3 to half of the big stuff was tagged by someone already (except the 1023's as they had so many). I wasn't concerned as I was mainly on a scouting mission for next time. Also picked up an armload of free magazines. I was only there about 1 1/2 hrs. and 1/2 hr of that was in the checkout line. I have been to the store maybe 20 times (only live 1/2 hr away) so I didn't need to spend much time inside, but many items were 10% or so off.

Tim Wagner
05-20-2007, 5:45 AM
As others have said before, if you want a pc of larger machinery, get there right away. I arrived about 8:15 and about 1/3 to half of the big stuff was tagged by someone already (except the 1023's as they had so many).

Probably a reseller, or big company man looking for shop equipment. the should impose a cap of 1 large item purchase per person per day policy. Just like they should do the same for pre season baseball tickets.

Rick Moyer
05-20-2007, 8:20 AM
Probably a reseller, or big company man looking for shop equipment. the should impose a cap of 1 large item purchase per person per day policy. Just like they should do the same for pre season baseball tickets.

I didn't mean that one person tagged all this stuff; just that this much was tagged. Hope that clarifies.