PDA

View Full Version : An "arranged marriage"... is this like mixing matter and antimatter?

Chris Barton
05-19-2007, 8:57 AM
I'm heading out in a few minutes to pick up another lathe. I sold my Jet VS mini to a good friend and thought I wouldn't replace it at first. I figured that I could get along just fine with my PM3520a. But, there has been a smaller lathe that has been talking dirty to me every time I see one and I finally gave in to my lathe lust. My hopes is that "goldie" will manage to form a working relationship with his new "partner." Photos to follow...

Bill Boehme
05-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey, enough of that you bad boy! Isn't it bad enough that you are flaunting your relationship with a new mini right under Goldie's ways -- now you want to post pictures of it! Oh, the humanity!

Bill

Bernie Weishapl
05-19-2007, 4:13 PM
Boy Chris that mustard is going to be jealous.:mad::eek: Congrats on the new one.

Chris Barton
05-19-2007, 9:57 PM
Ohhh, bad news. Somehow in shipping the "little lady" got brusied and battered. Goldie will not like this... She must be made right so, back she goes. More later...

Chris Barton
05-26-2007, 7:50 AM
When I drug in my tired bones from this weeks travels last night I had a message from my "dealer" and he said the "little lady" is back and she is perfect. So, today is supposed to be the day! I hope to post pictures latter today...

Dennis Peacock
05-26-2007, 8:14 AM
Congrats on the new lathe. May she make it home all safe and sound.

Bill O'Conner
05-26-2007, 8:28 AM
just rember she is a lady and needs to be treated well lots of lovin' and feed her well, I'm thinking a solid diet of large peices of wood

Bill

Chris Barton
05-26-2007, 1:29 PM
And here she is... Everyone should have a mini-lathe and since I recently sold my Jet VS Mini to a new convert (another one brought to the Dark Side) I just had to replace it. So, I decided to see if all this hullabaloo about mayo had any merit. Seems pretty nice so far. Goldie seems to like her as well. Funny, this mini cost me as much as the 3520 did! Yikes, I've lost my mind...

Pete Jordan
05-26-2007, 1:35 PM
There has to be an explosion somewhere.

Shane Whitlock
05-26-2007, 1:37 PM
Man thats one sweet lookin little lathe ... would love to turn on one of those, someday maybe ...

Congrats on the new toy and Happy Turning,
Shane Whitlock

Bill Wyko
05-26-2007, 4:22 PM
Nice lil' Hot Rod you got there.:)

Tom Sherman
05-26-2007, 4:53 PM
congrats Chris, great looking lather

Dick Strauss
05-27-2007, 3:48 AM
Chris,
You shouldn't put those two so close together because they are destined to destroy one another. I suggest you ship one to me immediately to prevent the imminent explosion. I'll even pay for the shipping just to make sure you are kept safe!

Congrats! BTW, would you like to adopt a son!!!

Enjoy,
Dick

Dennis Peacock
05-27-2007, 7:12 AM
WOW!! Congrats on the Mayo addition. But.....it's still clean. :p

Corey Hallagan
05-27-2007, 8:31 PM
Wow, that's a nice one. I haven't seen that one before. Congrats on it Chris and enjoy!

Corey

Bill Boehme
05-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I hear that if you water and fertilize it and set it next to a sunny window that it will grow up to become a full sized Oneway.

Bill

Chris Barton
05-28-2007, 7:57 AM
Hi Bill,

This little lady has to live in my basement so it kind of like the mushroom treatment, well at least like the first part of the mushroom treatment. I'll keep her out of the light to make sure her skin says a nice pearly white and that she never grows any bigger, she is just right the way she is...:)

Jim Mitchell
05-28-2007, 8:35 AM
Well Chris,

I have a stubby 750 and a 1018 I am very happy to have the luxury/combination of the two. Congratulations, you are in for a real treat working with this machine.

Chris Barton
05-28-2007, 8:56 AM
Thanks everyone for the congrats. I will post a lengthy review of the 1224 with many pictures in the near future.

Bill Boehme
05-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Bill,

This little lady has to live in my basement ...... she is just right the way she is...:)

Hmmmm ... sounds like you may be into the bondage thing ... maybe that is TMI.

Bill

Chris Barton
05-28-2007, 5:30 PM
I keep all my toys, er, tools confined to my basement. I'm kinky that way...;)