PDA

View Full Version : ShopFox Jointer/Planer purchase - it's on its way!

Aaron Hamilton
05-18-2007, 6:01 PM
Over the past few weeks I've been asking around trying to find out what is my best option for buying an 8" jointer and a 20" planer. I had pretty much settled on Grizzly 8" parellogram jointer and a Grizzly 20" G0454 planer.

Just today I found a local dealer who has the ShopFox version of of the grizzly jointer that includes a 2yr warranty and a much better finish/look (w1741) and the 20" planer (w1747). He told me he'd give me the combo for $2100 - freight free because the order is over $2000 and he'd have good ol' Bubba and Jim Bob bring it out to my house and lift gate it into my shop.

Is that a deal or what? Honestly though...is that as good of a deal as I think it is?

John Buzzurro
05-18-2007, 6:26 PM
Aaron,

Congrats and good luck on the new machines. I'm not sure about the planer, but I bought my W1741 jointer for $730 locally, which included tax & local delivery. Hope that helps.

John

Jeffrey Schronce
05-18-2007, 8:58 PM
I got my W1741 for $650. No shipping as I picked up in person. I understand there has been a price increase in the last few months. Not sure about how much the 20" jointer normally sells for.

Larry Rasmussen
05-18-2007, 10:43 PM
"good ol' Bubba and Jim Bob bring it out to my house and lift gate it into my shop" - priceless. And what a luxury to be able to fire up that 20" planer.
Larry

Aaron Hamilton
05-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Larry,
I agree...it's great working with a local company that just has a big truck w/ a tommy lift gate. That way delivery is on my schedule. I absolutely love the look of the shop fox tools and if they perform as well as everyone says the Grizzly's do....then I've got 2 years to use the crap out of them and see if need to use that warranty!

I am pretty confident in my purchase at this point...but I'll be more confident when I have our upcoming child's crib made and can post the finished pics displaying the precision of my new tools!

Jim Becker
05-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Make sure you get pictures of Bubba and Jim-Bob in action! :D :D :D (Congrats on your new tools!)