PDA

View Full Version : Delta Tablesaw Blades

Kim Spence
05-18-2007, 5:48 PM
Anyone have any experience with the new line of Delta tablesaw blades? Specifically I'm looking at the 10" 40 Tooth General Purpose, model 35-7657.

Saw them demonstrated at the Minneapolis show early this spring. Looked impressive there, cut clean with no scoring. Demonstrater was ripping 8/4 cherry, and would stop feeding halfway through the rip to show that the blade wouldn't burn.

Just wondered how they're working for others and how they compare to a Forrest for half the price.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

scott spencer
05-18-2007, 7:25 PM
The "new" Delta 35-7657 is actually the old formidable darkhorse DeWalt DW7657. I found it to cut pretty comparably to my WWII, TS2000, and Tenryu Gold Medal. Amazon used to sell it for $55 shipped, which I thought was a real bargain...$40 from you local Lowes is a heck of a nice deal. Guess my biggest beef is that it's only available in full kerf.

It should perform pretty nicely for you.

Kim Spence
05-18-2007, 9:05 PM
Thanks for the info Scott. I just picked up the 35-7657 to run on my new SawStop (minor gloat, just took delivery of it yesterday!!). A couple of test cuts showed some minor scoring, but nothing major. Added a blade stabilizer and slowed down the feed rate and the scoring is pretty much gone.

Can't do a direct comparison to my WWII because its out for sharpening. But I swapped a Freud Fusion from my Unisaw and the 35-7657 doesn't compare to the Fusion...Fusion is much smoother and cleaner cut. (Have had trouble with the Fusion burning on the Unisaw, something must be out of alignment on that saw). But I think the 35-7657 is a nice blade for the price and will do quite nicely as a "fill in" while the Forrest or Fusion are out to the sharpener.