PDA

View Full Version : Prepare yourself America

Frank Corker
05-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I plan to invade Orlando, Florida between the 27 June and 8 July. It's only for a holiday and I'm bringing my golf sticks with me. If anyone has any ideas where to visit (regarding Engraving Stuff) whilst I'm there can you pm or post. The good news is that I'm not staying so you can breathe a sigh of relief :D

Mike Null
05-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Golf has been banned in Orlando due to the alligator hazard.

Joe Pelonio
05-18-2007, 12:16 PM
OMG, first the killer bees and now Frank in the states, what next?:eek:

Too bad you weren't there now, my daughter and her boyfriend are there for a short vacation.

Pete Simmons
05-18-2007, 1:23 PM
I live in Melbourne, FL near the Space Center.

I play lotza golf.

If you want to see the ocean or play golf let me know.

Yes gators can be a factor. We see many of them on the course. Recently a friend hit a ball onto the edge of the water and a good size gator walked over and ate it! First time I had seen that.

Once I hear back from Homeland Security I will let you know if we can maybe get together.

Orlando will be nice and warm that time of year. Rain showers most afternoons so morning golf is a good idea.

I guess I am a little over an hour from Disney.

PM me for more info.

Frank Corker
05-18-2007, 8:52 PM
Pete, thanks very much for the offer, I'll speak with my friend who we are going over with (they have a second home in Orlando) and I'll see if he's up for it. I'm well aware of those overgrown newts at the golf courses too, I visited same area in 2005 and they had a big one which everyone gave a wide berth to. After 10 minutes of wrestling he gave up the ghost!

Carol VanArnam
05-20-2007, 4:42 PM
Frank- thanks for the heads up. I'll call Home Land Security and tell them to watch for a man with a laser invading the country...... They will give you an experience you will never forget.

Scott Shepherd
05-20-2007, 8:42 PM
Carol, don't forget to tell them that he's been known to hide it on himself while traveling :D

Carol VanArnam
05-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Scott the visual on that is really bad.... I have to admit I laughed.

Frank Corker
05-21-2007, 6:12 AM
Oi! I'll be hard to recognise

Belinda Barfield
05-22-2007, 10:11 AM
If you want to make the trip - and after all what's four to five hours for a chap like yourself - head up to Hilton Head, South Carolina for some golf. No recommendations for laser stuff. I'll mark my calendar to be on the lookout for "furriners frum furrin lands". Hope you have a wonderful visit!

Nancy Laird
05-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Wish I was on the East Coast - I'd sure like to meet this British invader! Have a great time, Frank.

Nancy

Bill Cunningham
05-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Oi! I'll be hard to recognise

I think the most amazing thing will be after you have been there for a week.. Imagine!!! An Englishman with a tan!! :p

Marc Myer
05-23-2007, 3:27 PM
Or Hawaii! Now there's a hike from the Mother Country.
Oh, and my offer is open to all, not just wry Brits.

Frank Corker
05-23-2007, 4:18 PM
Thanks very much - I'm making a list. Like Hawaii (been there too). Hilton Head looks like a nice place. So many places, not enough money... sigh