PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly tent sale

Dave Bureau
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Grizzly is having there tent sale this saturday. wondering if it would be worth the trip from NH. would like to check out the store anyway.but are there any good deals at the sale? or just a lure to get people there.

J.R. Rutter
05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
What are you shopping for?

My experience is that you have to be there first thing for the mad dash to find machinery that isn't damaged to the point where you have to replace major components, like table saws where the motor has broken off and bounced around inside the base during shipping.

You can get good deals on smaller, non machinery sundries though.

I did pick up a big roll around early model air filter and a new power feeder with broken lock handle last year . . . Not super deals, but still discounted.

Jeff Kerr
05-18-2007, 7:29 PM
I was at the Muncy sale last year (first time).

Drove over the night b4 and slept in a motorhome in the parking lot. When we got up early in the morning, there was a line already starting just b4 sunnup.

I was in the market for a planer and a jointer. Ended up with both, however I bought new in the showroom.

The items are grouped together in the tents. So you can kinda get a layout b4 the gates open by looking thru the fence.

You do need to have a general knowledge about what the repair may mean to you in additional costs. Each item will be tagged clearly with what Grizz knows to be wrong. You can order replacement parts right there in the yard.

I am no machinest. So it was hard for me to determine that "X needs replaced" was a cheap fix or major fix.

How the process works

What happens is once the gates open buyers make a mad dash.
In order to buy the item, you need to remove the paper copy from the multi part form attached to the tool. Leave the cardboard copy on the tool.
If you do not pay for the item and return to the tool within a limited time, Grizz retags the item as being for sale. (Grizz has workers all over the place. As you remove the paperwork, they write the time on the item to keep track.)
Buyers grab tags from a bunch of items at the same time. For example they want a jointer and they grab the tags from several of the jointers at the same time. Then they look over the descriptions and decide which one they want. Some buyers are nice and return the paperwork to the tools that they decide not to buy.
Stand in line and pay. Grizz is amazingly efficient in processing buyers.
Show employees proof of purchase and load out or wait in their drive up line for assisted load out.
It was a great experience. The showroom is awesome. many folks felt that they got really good deals. I did pick up a tablesaw extension laminate top table really cheap that was there. Also some small hand items that were good deals. PC, Makita, Dewalt were all there with package specials thatwere pretty enticing.

In the end I got new big iron from the showroom. It was worth it to me. (Besides the sale items were gone).

It is worth it to go once.