PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
05-18-2007, 7:35 AM
Friday, May 18th, 2007

WOW! Seems hard to believe we're over half way through May. :eek: I hope everyone had a great week.

Weather has been typical for May. Warm, a little rain and this morning it's 36 degrees. Had to cover my tomato plants and some of the flowers last night.

Saturday night is the Nextel All Star Race from Charlotte, NC., barring another rainout. Other than that I'm leaving my options open for the weekend.

How about you? What's the buzz? Tell us what's happening in your neck of the woods.

Have a good weekend all. And most of all make it a safe one.

Karl

Mario Lucchesi
05-18-2007, 7:50 AM
This should be a good weekend in the shop. I hope to finish running DC pipe to my Jointer, Router table and table saw and finishing three small projects that are sitting in the shop. 1Laundry room cabinet 2 Repair dining room chair 3 repair old dresser.

the rest of the weekend will likely be yard work.

Adam Howard
05-18-2007, 8:57 AM
Actually going to do some flat work. Working on a bubinga wine cabinet of unconventional design. Glueing up the case and shaping the legs tomorrow.....

Matt Meiser
05-18-2007, 9:46 AM
Hopefully haul three loads of mulch and get all of our lanscaping freshened up. I have to get the lawn mowed again. Other than that, I'm not sure. Between vacation last week, and starting my new job this week, today is only the 3rd day I've been home in over two weeks so I still have to figure out what is going on around here--I can't even remember what I've been working on out in the shop.

Jim Becker
05-18-2007, 9:52 AM
I have to get the lawn mowed...missed last weekend due to a hydraulic leak and it's very "field like" out there. I also have YMCA duty for swimming and karate with the girls. I suspect I'll not get much shop time this weekend as I also have to prepare for business travel and four presentations to a very, very large group of people...the international user's group for my employer's solutions. I'll try to make up the shop time on the holiday weekend next week!

Al Willits
05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Cooler weather has had me dragging the un-planted stuff in and out of the garage, looks like Sat is gonna be warm enough to continue to play Mr. Green thumbs for the wife, the number of un-planted has been slowly decreasing and Sat looks like it'll all be done.

Maybe a round of golf Sat afternoon and if I can still move after all that, back at the storage cabinet...which has been named "the eternal project".

Sunday looks like rain so its garage time and I have the rails and style's finally done and the raised panels have been glued and hand plained to close to smooth and flat, a easy trip though the planer and they'll be ready to take the router to them.

Install the hinges and make the shelfs and it'll be done.....well except for the finishing which I figure I can whip though in less than a month at the speed I'm going.

Trying cherry frames and Pine panels, like the contrast so I thought, what the heck...:)

Al

Al Killian
05-18-2007, 4:29 PM
Last weeekend was a waste. My blades for my jointer where out being sharpend so I could not finish milling the lumber for my son's platform bed. So, this weekend I will get that done and hopefully get a few windchimes made up.

Tyler Howell
05-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey Karl,
Back in town after a week in Fort Worth TX. Thanks, guys great weather, unfortunately we worked all week but I did get a great stake at the Stockmans:D
Getting caught up on mail and yard work this weekend.
Play safe.

Benjamin Dahl
05-18-2007, 10:43 PM
helping somone move on Saturday, getting a bunch of free cherry logs on Sunday. Nice weather down here in GA but we need rain! I could see and smell the smoke from the forest fires 250 miles away the other day. Pretty odd to walk out your front door and think your neighbor's house might be on fire. Have a nice weekend everyone.
Ben

Alan Greene
05-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Packing for our 12 day trip to England. Looking forward to seeing family and friends, who I have not seen in over 12 years. Should be a blast.:D This will be our first real vacation in 7 years.

mark page
05-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Weather is going to be ideal here in KC area. Have a daughters high school graduation Sunday, looking forward to that. Will have of course the in-laws, and other family-laws over afterwards.
Have to clean the shop to ensure that some close scrutiny and tinges of possible jealousy might arise--mini-in-family-gloat. (silent though).
Gotta try to finish and spray some projects Saturday before the big cleaning.
Of course Mrs. LOML is figuring out what I have to grill for the big occasion, and the "we're going to have a housefull" cleaning binge. Have to watch the sawdust stuck in the boot soles!!!

Time to spray the garden area again with the bobcat essence, have rabbits eating away at the green bean sprouts.

All in all just a buncha little tasks, but a whole lotta lookin busy.
Everyone have a great weekend.