PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant reccomendations in Seattle

Dan Mages
05-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I will be heading to Seattle for my honeymoon in about 3 weeks. I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good fish restaurant in Seattle.

Thanks!!

Dan

Anthony Anderson
05-18-2007, 3:30 AM
Ivars (on the pier) is nice. The restaurant at the top of the Seattle Space needle is very good, along with a great view, make your reservation so you can take advantage of a perfect sunset, and take a walk along the pier. Enjoy, and congratulations. Bill

Keith Cope
05-18-2007, 6:22 AM
Dan,

Great honeymoon destination, did it a little over 3 yrs ago. We had great meals at Etta's Seafood, Wasabi Bistro (sushi), Oceanaire Seafood Room, and Metropolitan Grill. Only thing I would steer clear of is Dim Sum in the international district--your lovely bride will not be happy if she gets food poisoning (DAMHIKT). Good luck, PM me if you'd like any other recommendations.

Keith

Joe Pelonio
05-18-2007, 8:42 AM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I hope you enjoy your visit here and get at least one day of sun.

I'll give you our top 3, great food and a real feel of Seattle.

First is Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union, watch the boats pass by while dining in a cedar NW native longhouse, also has Seattle skyline views.
http://www.ivars.net/Salmon_House_Home/salmon.html

2nd is Chinooks, on Salmon Bay at Fisherman's terminal
http://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/info/chinooks.html

3rd is Anthony's recommendation, Ivar's on the pier.
http://www.ivars.net/Acres_Home/acres.html

Dan Mages
05-18-2007, 9:47 AM
Seattle is actually going to be the first stop in our honeymoon.We will be there for 1.5 days before taking the train to Vancouver where we will spend the night before catching a 7 day cruise up the Alaskan coast. I have made reservations at Ivan's Salmon House.

Thanks!!

Dan

Peter Lyon
05-18-2007, 10:48 AM
For seafood, I recommend either Dukes or Chandlers Crab House on Lake Union or Chandlers over looking Elliot Bay. Another unique dining experience that you'd probably enjoy is Wild Ginger -- a satay-bar that's a "who's who's" type of place. In my handful of visits, I've seen a number of professional athletes, Hollywood celebrities and a founder/former CEO of Microsoft. In spite of the company, the food is spectacular! :D

Scott Shepherd
05-18-2007, 10:58 AM
I'd also recommend Ivar's as well. Very nice place and very good food.

Now, if you just want fish and chips, that's another story. Visited out there last year and found a fish and chip shop and couldn't stop eating there! I think I made my way there 3 or 4 times in 5 days :)

Seattle was such a cool place. Loved it.

Joe Pelonio
05-18-2007, 12:13 PM
I wonder which one? Ivar's on the pier and also the salmon house have great F&C in little outside stands in front of the restaurants. Then there's the Ivar's and Skipper's fast food F&C places, and my favorite which is Spud F&C in Kirkland, they also have one in Seattle at Alkai.

That cruise to Alaska is one we'd love to do, wish I could get that much time away from working to do it.