PDA

View Full Version : Lie-Nielsen Open House This Weekend - Sothern California

Scot Ferraro
05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I posted this on the Neander site too -- Lie-Nielsen is having an open house this Friday and Saturday -- below is some information if anyone is interested:

May 18, 2007 - May19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga
Joseph Filippi Winery (http://www.josephfilippiwinery.com/) - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Guest demonstrators will include John Economaki, Larry Williams, Michel Auriou, W. Patrick Edwards, Kevin Drake, Brian Boggs and Tom Lie-Nielsen
For Shows: Hours: Friday from 12-6 and Saturday from 10-5pm. Admission free.

I am planning on going -- some great presenters will be there. You can check out Lie-Nielsen's site for more information and directions to the winery.

Thanks!

Scot

Steve Beadle
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I attended this Hand Tool Event last weekend at the Chehalem Winery just outside Newberg, Oregon, and had a great time. It was kind of cool wandering around amongst the wine vats, looking at great hand tools from Lie-Nielsen and others. I picked up a beautiful marking knife from Blue Spruce Toolworks as a gift for my brother and also ordered the yet-to-be-released video by Chris Schwarz on Furniture-Making with Hand Planes. If you see Kevin Drake there, be sure to get a demonstration of his innovative system for cutting hand dovetails, including the two-handled saw!