PDA

View Full Version : Looking for member Dev Emch

Jerry Kniriem
05-17-2007, 5:57 AM
Hi, I joined your site to find Dev Emch. His name came up on a Google search for Gemco metal shapers. I have just bought one of these, and to my dismay I just found out it's a hydraulic model. I'm OK with it, but I'm totally unfamiliar with the hydraulic version. While looking on the net for a manual, this site popped up with a post by Dev Emch. The post was on 11/04/2005 @ 12:34 AM #81. In the post Mr. Emch said; ( Oh ya, I also have a 36 inch Bullard Turret lathe and both 20 in and 24 in hydraulic metal shapers. One is a GEMCO and the other is a Rockford. These are useful toys ). I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could put me in contact with Mr. Emch. I would like to ask him if he has a manual for the hydraulic Gemco shaper, I would pay a good price for a copy. Without a manual, or someone to talk to about operation and maintenance, I'm going to be in the dark and guessing about this machine. I'm a Tool & Diemaker/ shop owner, not a Woodworker, so I hope you gentleman will allow me an unrelated post or two. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. J.K.

David G Baker
05-17-2007, 7:50 AM
Jerry,
If by chance you do not find Dev, keep searching that famous Internet auction site for what you are looking for. I have had good luck doing this but it may take quite a while.

Jim Becker
05-17-2007, 9:18 AM
Dev has not participated here for quite some time, but you could try and contact him directly via PM (or email if he has that allowed in his profile) by looking him up in the SMC membership listing at the top of the page.

Jonathon Spafford
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
http://sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=4618