PDA

View Full Version : (pics)Two Major Gloats for me (Clark Hollowing System)& workshop

Bill Wyko
05-16-2007, 2:17 PM
My Clark hollowing system and Clark steady rest came in today. Unfortunately my camera is at home but I'll post pics tomorrow. This is one bad apparatus. I can't WAIT to get my new shop done so I can put this bad boy to use. The only down side is that Fed-Ex Beat the hell out of the box so bad that I didn't even have to open it to get the parts out, so I don't know if I'm missing anything and Keith Clark is out of the country for a week. I think it's all here but I won't know for sure until I set it up or I talk to keith. BTW My 12x20 work shop was delivered yesterday as well.:D
Ok, it's tomorrow, here's the pics.
A little Icing on the cake:D The materials were delivered for my workshop tuesday. Heres the floor joisted. They don't send any blocking so tonight I'm going to add blocks between the joists about every 4 feet and I'm also going to replace the 5/8ths ply with 3/4 ply and use the 5/8 for the attic floor. Hopefully it'll be ready for roofing by Monday night.

Jim Becker
05-16-2007, 3:33 PM
Congrats, Bill. I've heard good comments about Keith's hollowing system.

Bill Wyko
05-16-2007, 3:42 PM
Thanks Jim. I wish I could go home and get to work right now. I'll be framing my work shop this weekend. The next weekend I'll be wiring and roofing and the following weekend I'll insulate and sheetrock. THEN I can get back to the fun stuff.:)

Mark Pruitt
05-16-2007, 3:54 PM
Congrats, Bill.
This is about the umpteenth time I've seen or heard about FedEx doing something stupid. I wonder what's up with them.

Bill Wyko
05-16-2007, 4:05 PM
When I bring my camera in tomorrow I'll take a pic of the box. You'll all wonder how anything even made it here.:mad: It's obvious that this box was tossed and dropped every chance they had.

Bernie Weishapl
05-16-2007, 8:52 PM
Congrats Bill. Can't wait to see pic's of both.

Jonathon Spafford
05-17-2007, 2:33 AM
When I bring my camera in tomorrow I'll take a pic of the box. You'll all wonder how anything even made it here.:mad: It's obvious that this box was tossed and dropped every chance they had.

Sounds like some of the UPS boxes we've gotten! Congrats on the hollowing system! Looking forward to pix!

Bill Wyko
05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks Johnathan, there's pics now. I actually rembered my camera.:)

Bill Wyko
05-17-2007, 2:24 PM
Here's a better pic of the Clark Steady. Each wheel is mounted to a solid piece of 1-1/4 solid steel and the ring is about 26 inches in diameter.

Bill Wyko
05-17-2007, 2:42 PM
Here's a beter pic of the hollower too. Unfortunatly It'll still be at least 3 weeks before I get a chance to use any of it.:cool:

Bill Wyko
05-17-2007, 8:56 PM
Here's a pic of the quality job fed-ex did with my Clark system. I wish I could treat something they value this much the way they treated my hollowing system. I don't think I have anything high enough to drop their stuff from that would do this kind of dammage.:mad: I guess when they say ground delivery they REALLY deliver it to the ground.:eek:

Pete Jordan
05-17-2007, 9:12 PM
That is quite a package!

You really are a working machine Bill. You will be finished in no time!

Bernie Weishapl
05-17-2007, 9:48 PM
Holy Cow Bill it looks like they drug that package behind the truck. Glad everything was ok. Looks like you are moving right along.

Steve Schlumpf
05-17-2007, 9:55 PM
Quite the system Bill - can't wait to hear what you think about it once you have a chance to use it! About the shipping box - did you have to pay extra for that kind of care and consideration? Looking forward to seeing more of your shop as it becomes available!

Bill Wyko
05-18-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm hoping to have the roof sheeted by monday night. This is going to be a LONNNNNGGG Weekend.:D

Bob Opsitos
05-18-2007, 3:20 PM
I guess when they say ground delivery they REALLY deliver it to the ground.:eek:

Just means that what it's dragged on behind the truck as they drive it to your house. :D

Bob

Mike Turkley
05-19-2007, 8:00 AM
Bill, Congratulations on the hollowing system! I've been hollowing on a hollowmaster and enjoy the challenge that hollowing provides. Maybe one day I'll spring for a captured system.

I know that it’s been three days since your post went up, but I want to add a though on your new shop. Would it be possible that you raise your shop floor joist's up a few inches?

Here’s why:
My 12 x 16 shop is fabricated in a similar fashion as yours but was purchased fully assembled except being bare on the inside. The building was delivered and placed on 1" cement blocks on one side and two to three inch blocks on the other side as my yard isn't perfectly level. Then I insulated the walls and ceiling, then put down ply on the floor then painted the walls and ceiling white, then the floor gray. After all tools went in and four years passed, I have had to re-level the building twice due to settling. I would re-level when the shop door won’t close or open without binding at the bottom.

Even though your building is on cement pillars, I wonder if you will face the settling issues. My building is just barely high enough to get a 2.5 ton auto jack under the main beams on one side, but on the other side I had to remove dirt to get the jack in under the beam.

Just a though for you to consider so keep the construction progress pictures coming.

MikeT

Bill Wyko
05-19-2007, 3:10 PM
Thanks for your info. I don't think I mentioned that I rented a compactor and compacted the bottom of each hole for about a minute with one of those bionic pogo compactors. That thing will rattle your teeth loose:confused: I actually have 20 columns 16 inches in the ground with 4x4's running perpindicular to the floor joists. I also am blocking every 2 feet between the joists for a total of 75 blocks. The pillars have "J" bolts to bolt the 4x4's to the pillar. I do have enough room to get under If I reaallyy had to I could loosen the bolts and shim it up if settling occurs. If you think there's anything else I need to do by all means let me know. I really appreciate all the input, thanks again.:)