PDA

View Full Version : How straight on a Laguna resaw king?

John Myers
05-16-2007, 1:44 PM
Hi - I'm new on this forum. I was wondering, can anyone tell me how good the Laguna resaw king blade is at making straight cuts on 3/4" boards? I've ordered a Laguna 18" BS and I'm thinking about getting a 1 1/4" resaw King blade to go with it. Since I don't presently own a table saw, I was wondering if ripping 3/4" stock can be done decently enough on this BS.

John

Dave Novak
05-16-2007, 1:57 PM
I run a 1 1/2 resaw king on my 16hd. Rips perfectly once you get the fence aligned correctly. You won't be the least bit dissapointed if you fork over the big bucks for the resaw king.

tom crawford
05-16-2007, 2:17 PM
I've resawn up to 10" with my Laguna 16 and Resaw King. There is NO drift. It is great.

Mike Wilkins
05-16-2007, 2:37 PM
Ripping should be a breeze on thinner stock. I have the older LT18 with the
12" resaw, and I have both ripped and resawn with the Resaw King blade.
It is kind of pricey but worth it for resawing thicker stock.

Jim Becker
05-16-2007, 3:08 PM
The Laguna Resaw King blade or something like a Lennox TriMaster carbide tipped blade (all properly tensioned) will rip as straight as you can guide the material for a long time...provided you NEVER use them for curved cuts. Dedicate the place for straight cutting for best results. They are also dry wood blades...wet lumber is best served by something different, like the Timberwolf AS series.

Oh, and welcome to SMC!