PDA

View Full Version : Nostepinnes

Patrick Taylor
05-16-2007, 11:33 AM
A nostepinne is a tool that knitters use for winding yarn from a skein (wound in large loops for dying, and often how it is sold) into a ball so it's ready to use. Here's a few that I made for my wife, an avid knitter. It makes a fun & quick project, and I really like making things that will be used. I will admit that I can't wind yarn with one, but you can see method here: http://www.woolery.com/images/nostepinneart/nostepinneinstruction.html

In order, they are ironwood, black & white striped ebony with rosewood, and tiger birch. Each is 10-11" long. The first is finished with liberon lathe polish & wax. The second with danish oil and beall-buffed/waxed. The third with liberon polish and beall-buffed/waxed. (sorry for the lousy pictures, I was too lazy for anything else...)

Bill Wyko
05-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Nice work Patric. My mom does knitting, I'll have to see if this would be a help to her. Again nice work and thanks for the idea.:)

Keith Burns
05-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Patrick, nice looking nostepinne's ! They look like they could double as bonker's too. I'm sure your wife really likes them. :) :)

Curt Fuller
05-16-2007, 7:24 PM
Beautiful nostepinne! I've never heard that term before but my first thought when reading the description was a gizmo for my grandkids to wind their kite string on.

Those are real beauties and a unique new project.

Bill Wyko
05-16-2007, 7:47 PM
:rolleyes: HMMMM kite string. Good idea too.:)

Bernie Weishapl
05-16-2007, 8:51 PM
Very nice Patrick. That is some nice work. Form and finish looks mighty fine.

Jonathon Spafford
05-17-2007, 2:29 AM
Awesome work... all the details are nice and crisp - not too much or too little detail! You also have awesome finishes on them! Great work!

John Timberlake
05-17-2007, 8:37 AM
Great job. I nevee saw these before. These look really nice. My mother does crocheting - would probably work for that as well.