PDA

View Full Version : Xacta Lift - Anyone Use One?

Aaron Hamilton
05-15-2007, 9:59 PM
I just ordered the smokin deal from Amazon and I guess I'm the proud new owner of an Xacta lift mounted right there in my table saw. I'm still giddy.

Anyways, I have a PC7518 router, does anyone use this combo? Can anyone comment on the quality/function of the Xacta lift?

Jim Becker
05-15-2007, 10:02 PM
The X-acta Lift is a JessEm Router-R-Lift in red anodized finish. I used the Route-R-Lift for years (it was one of the first lifts available) and only recently sold it with the router table when I added another solution to my slider. It's not as fancy or elegant as some of the lift solutions available, but it will work with pretty much any router (you have to drill the mounting holes).

Oh, and congrats on your soon to be new saw! :)

Jeffrey Schronce
05-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I just ordered the smokin deal from Amazon and I guess I'm the proud new owner of an Xacta lift mounted right there in my table saw. I'm still giddy.

Anyways, I have a PC7518 router, does anyone use this combo? Can anyone comment on the quality/function of the Xacta lift?

Ditto! I picked it up a few minutes ago and am still giddy.

PC 7518 fits in the Xacta lift. It is VERY universal. Not to contradict Jim but it appears the new version comes pre-drilled. I will PM you a link which shows the review on another site.

Jim Becker
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Not to contradict Jim but it appears the new version comes pre-drilled.
Kewel! That was the one real pain with the one I owned!

Shannon Seelig
01-19-2008, 5:01 PM
How is this lift for the Porter Cable 7518? I have read that earlier models weren't that great. How are the new ones with the pre-drilled holes? Are above the table bit changes still a pain??? Is there anyone that is using one that likes/dislikes it as of now???
Thanks,
Shannon

Tom Veatch
01-19-2008, 6:16 PM
I have a PC 7518 in an XActa lift. The lift came as a package with my Jet JTS-10XL several years ago. The PC Router is a couple of years newer and replaced the Bosch 1617EVS included in that same package. The Bosch is now used hand held.

One of the hole patterns in the lift (of which there are zillions) was a perfect fit for the PC 7518 without any need for drilling. I am quite pleased with the combination with no complaints whatsoever.

I did add an "Eliminator Quick Change Collet" (http://eagleamerica.com/product.asp?pn=802-0687&bhcd2=1200783272) soon after getting the PC router. I don't recall whether or not the bits could be changed from above the table without the "Eliminator", but, with it, above table bit changes are quick and easy requiring only a hex wrench.

Since this is the only lift that I have any experience with, you might want to factor that in with my comments. I'm very pleased, but that's not to say I might not be even more pleased with some other lift.

Shannon Seelig
01-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Hello, thanks for the good info. Do you have any measureable run out with the collet extension??

Does anyone have any new experiences with this Xacta router system?

Thanks again,
Shannon

Tom Veatch
02-07-2008, 12:56 AM
... Do you have any measureable run out with the collet extension??...

My apologies for the delay in responding:o.

I'm afraid I can't really answer the question since I've never made an effort to measure the runout either before or after installing the extension. I can say that I've not encountered anything that leads me to suspect excessive runout.