PDA

View Full Version : T-ball plaque

pete hagan
05-15-2007, 7:06 PM
On the same topic as the high school item...
My son is on a T-Ball team and now that I am soon to have my laser in-house I want to make the boys something to take home. Any great ideas for the little guys? I have a rotary attachment so a ball might be possible. I'm thinking more like a wood plaque with their picture or something like that. I can snap a picture this weekend of each kid with their cap on. Their team logo is the White Sox which I have several good images both raster and vector.

If anyone has great ideas can you post a picture?

I want it fairly inexpensive to make maybe up to $10 for each kid.
Thanks all

Pete

Dave Jones
05-15-2007, 7:12 PM
How about a wooden picture frame from the dollar store, with a team photo in it and engraving all around the frame (team info, logo, town, clipart, etc...)

It's simple, cheap, and good to practice on.

You can even engrave on the glass.

Mike Null
05-15-2007, 8:00 PM
Pete
Take a look at JDS industries. You should get plenty of ideas there.

Luke Phillips
05-15-2007, 9:55 PM
Pete - I'm looking for the same kind of thing for my local little league. I've posted a photo of a baseball - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=57071

I'm looking into small wooden bats 20-23" long to laze also - they're not cheap but look nice. each year the photographers make a killing selling team and individual photos - I take the ones made up like trading cards and laze them on 5x7 black marble - getting a lot of requests for these.
Cheers

Frank Defert
05-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Luke,

Could you please share what you have to do with the photo and possibly some settings or tips to create your lasered baseball, which by the way looks great!

Thanks....Frank

Luke Phillips
05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Luke,

Could you please share what you have to do with the photo and possibly some settings or tips to create your lasered baseball, which by the way looks great!

Thanks....Frank

Sure: Soon as I get back to the shop and look at my notes I'll post the settings and process.

Doug Bergstrom
05-17-2007, 2:23 PM
you can get mini bats from gone batty ~ http://www.GoneBatty.net
We are a PDU dealer and can get home plate plaques that are white and etch black. I will link a photo. 9.5x9.5 are $10.00 and 11.5x11.5 are $13.00 each.
Quantiites are cheaper.
Doug
xgsigns.com