PDA

View Full Version : "Beauty" is Getting Closer

Christopher K. Hartley
05-15-2007, 6:17 PM
Well, Brent sent me an update today and it looks like "Beauty" could ship on the first full week in June, with the Steady Rest and Outboard Rig toward the end of July. Lee Valley says my modified Kelton Hollowing Rig and Laser Setup will probably come about July or August as it must come from Australia. They already sent me one in error but it will be shipped back when the new one comes in. I'm very impressed with that setup. The Vacuum System is complete, (thanks to a lot of help from many of you and especially Bill Boehme) waiting and works like a dream. Also, the DC system is complete and all the accessories such as chucks, tools and buffing system is ready to go. The Miter saw and Table saw are ready to work out on learning some segmented stuff. Bowl Blanks are in their place and waiting to be mounted and the Stihl is standing by for the next haul. I feel like I'm sitting at the starting line on Memorial day at the Indy 500 waiting to hear "Gentleman, Start Your Engines!":D Thanks for listening to me spout as it has been a dry spell away from the curlies.:)

Chris Barton
05-15-2007, 6:31 PM
So, how are you keeping your sanity without a lathe to turn on? Are you starting to "jones" yet? I look forward to the pictures!

Mark Pruitt
05-15-2007, 7:36 PM
You certainly have more patience than I have. I think I would have gotten a second job for a month or so, just to make enough for a mini to hold me over.:p

That sure seems like a long wait time for the hollowing rig.

Christopher K. Hartley
05-15-2007, 8:39 PM
That sure seems like a long wait time for the hollowing rig.It has to do with the slow boat from china...er... I mean Australia.:eek: Shipping costs to Lee Valley would be high and they would have to pass them along so they are waiting for a full shipment. I'm good with that.:)

Jim Becker
05-15-2007, 9:33 PM
I've been trying to get Sam from MiniMax to post a review of his Robust for a long time...you may get to beat him to the punch with your "Beauty" shipping real soon now!

Gary Herrmann
05-15-2007, 9:35 PM
We will require detailed pictures and impressions throughout the uncrating and start up process.

Especially those of us that covet Robust lathes.

Steve Schlumpf
05-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Looking forward to seeing the whole show when it happens Chris! Back gonna be healed up in time for the lathe?

Jonathon Spafford
05-16-2007, 2:32 AM
Awww, poor Chris! Them withdrawals gotta be tough ;) Congrats on the new machine though!

Christopher K. Hartley
05-16-2007, 6:24 AM
My full intent is to be sure and let all of you that want to read have a full experience from the get go. My back is healing wonderfully and I have a full release from the Dr. as of Monday. He said six more weeks and I can even start to push the edge.:)

Bernie Weishapl
05-16-2007, 9:49 AM
Chris the waiting has to be a bear but in the long run it will definately be worth it. Can't wait to see it.

Bill Wyko
05-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Chris, I'm glad to hear your back is healing up well. I'm also glad to hear you are going to try some segmenting. Did you ever get the plans I sent you? If not, let me know and I'll send you something else. Anyway, congradulations on the new tools in rout. I look forward to seeing your work.:)

Nancy Laird
05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Chris, you're sounding like my 6-year-old granddaughter in the days before Christmas. You wouldn't be anxious, would you????

Nancy

Christopher K. Hartley
05-16-2007, 3:44 PM
Chris, you're sounding like my 6-year-old granddaughter in the days before Christmas. You wouldn't be anxious, would you????

Nancy
Daa! (as my daughter would say) Y E S!!:D

Christopher K. Hartley
05-16-2007, 3:46 PM
Chris, I'm glad to hear your back is healing up well. I'm also glad to hear you are going to try some segmenting. Did you ever get the plans I sent you? If not, let me know and I'll send you something else. Anyway, congradulations on the new tools in rout. I look forward to seeing your work.:)Bill, I'm worried my PM's are not getting to you I've answered four times now.:eek: Yes I did get them Thanks a bunch!!:D :)

Bill Wyko
05-16-2007, 5:45 PM
:confused: I think my mailbox is full. Sorry.:o