PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive alternative to a Souix/Milwaukee

Chris Barton
05-15-2007, 5:47 PM
I was in NC most of last week and had an opportunity to visit the Klingspor store in Winston-Salem. While there I spied this little beauty. It a VS, reversible, 3/8" drill that is an exact copy of the Souix except in blue plastic rather than gray or red. They were on the shelf next to the Souixs so you could make a head to head comparison. The one thing they don't look the same on is your Visa card. This version sells for $56. So far, it works great. This may be an option for some looking for an angle drill for a more modest price.

Mark Cothren
05-15-2007, 6:15 PM
Looks good, Chris! Congrats!

Just FYI for anyone who is interested... that exact same drill can be purchased at overstock.com for $42.94 shipped to your door.

Chris Barton
05-15-2007, 6:22 PM
$42.94 shipped to your door.

Even better!:)

Reed Gray
05-15-2007, 6:27 PM
I had a version of that drill that was an almost clone of the S/M drills. It was red, and the price was $30 plus shipping. I got a month out of it before the casing failed. The S/M drills last me about 6 months of heavy use with a 3 inch sanding disc. There are some reconditioned S/M drills that I have seen for sale in the $70 range. I would get them before getting one of these blue drills. The last time I put in bearings in my drill, I got some 'aircraft' quality bearings. I have sanded over 120 bowls in sizes from 3 to 16 inches and it shows no sighs of wear yet.
robo hippy

Ralph Lindberg
05-15-2007, 8:03 PM
Harbor Freight has theirs on sale (until 30 May), for $20 (stores only)

At that price they are disposable.

Keith Burns
05-15-2007, 8:08 PM
That is the one I buy from Ovwerstock. They last me about a year. I saw them at one of those cheap tool outlet stores for $25.

Chris Barton
05-15-2007, 8:33 PM
Sounds like plenty of choices out there. I haven't checked out the HF version. More choice is better!

Charles McKinley
05-15-2007, 9:08 PM
I think Lowes has one like it too.