PDA

View Full Version : 72 Hours Smoke-Free - Verrry Edgy Here

Howard Rosenberg
01-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Thank you for your support - just passed 72 hours and feeling verrry edgy - my kids are becoming really apprehensive around me regarding sudden moves, loud noises etc. - Howard

Richard McComas
01-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Thank you for your support - just passed 72 hours and feeling very edgy - my kids are becoming really apprehensive around me regarding sudden moves, loud noises etc. - Howard

72 hours! great!! keep it up and you'll make it. A lot of people just don't know what it's like. I gave it up 9 years ago.

My wife's favorite story about me quitting smoking is when she tells people " there were time when I wanted him to start smoking again". I guess I wasn't alway pleasant to be with then.

John Miliunas
01-04-2004, 12:48 AM
I guess I wasn't alway pleasant to be with then.

That's exactly what LOML thinks of me now...Well, at least when I've got one lit up!

Howard, you've got a good thing going there! More power to you. And when you're done battling the hard part, you can send some of your positive energy over my way! :cool:

Don Stanley
01-04-2004, 1:12 AM
Hello Howard. I'm fairly new on this forum -- Hello to you and all the members.

Congratulations on giving up smoking. You have undertaken a very difficult task, but I can tell you from personal experience, this will be one of the best gifts you can give yourself and your loved ones.

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-04-2004, 8:15 AM
Way to go Howard! Yer kickin' it's BUTT.......(pun intended!) Keep it up.........your are WINNING the battle, that is great to hear!

Bob Marino
01-04-2004, 8:31 AM
Thank you for your support - just passed 72 hours and feeling verrry edgy - my kids are becoming really apprehensive around me regarding sudden moves, loud noises etc. - Howard

Hang in there Howard! :) Of course it's tough, if it was easy, everyone would have done it. You can do it.

Bob

Ron McNeil
01-04-2004, 8:49 AM
Way To Go Howard, You have made it through another day. Hang in there. You Can Do This.

Bob Reilly
01-04-2004, 12:31 PM

Congratulations Howard,your almost over the hard part,hang in there a little longer and you'll be smoke free forever, 11 years for me now.

Richard Allen
01-04-2004, 1:19 PM
Hi Howard

At this point I kept thinking to myself. I NEVER WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

3 days and all I could think about was not smoking the next cigarette.

At one week I was able to think about lots of stuff which included not smoking the next cigarette.

At one month I wanted a cigarette but I didn't want to go through quitting again.

After a year I had experienced the worst cold of my life and I no longer wanted a cigarette every waking moment.

Now at 15+ years I have no interest in smoking. I still clearly remember that I NEVER WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN!!!!!

The worst isn't behind you so much as the best is ahead of you!

Good luck

Yes it is worth it.

Ed Gray
01-04-2004, 3:01 PM
I smoked for 5 years and quit about 6 years ago, best decision I ever made. Keep it up, it is worth it for yourself and your family.

Tony Falotico
01-04-2004, 3:56 PM
Howard, I never smoked and hope I never will, so I don't know what your going through, BUT
:) I'M PROUD OF YOU BUDDY ,
hang in there and break this stronghold for good. I'm praying for your complete success.

Tony

Ron Jones near Indy
01-04-2004, 4:08 PM
Keep it up! I'm pulling for you. I wish some of my friends and family had your courage.

Von Bickley
01-04-2004, 8:19 PM
Howard,
Keep it up. You have told everybody at SMC that you are quitting, you have to do it now.

It will get better...........trust me.