PDA

View Full Version : school pride ideas

Craig Hogarth
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm doing consignment at a gift shop that needs as much variety as possible in items for our local high school. Right now all we have are picture frames and dog tags and will be doing locker mirrors after summer.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to be able to sell most of it for under 5 bucks.

Joe Pelonio
05-15-2007, 2:16 PM
First, I hope you or the gift shop has written permission to use the school name and or logo, since they will profit they (and you) can be infinging a copyright.

What seems to do well here is key chains. Also, you might consider applying adhesive to brushed aluminum Rowmark and cutting items to be stuck on their cars or other things, and refrigerator magnets using lasermag.

Craig Hogarth
05-15-2007, 3:09 PM
Great idea on the rowmark. Thanks.

As for permission, no we do not. I guess this is an altogether different topic, but I've researched this over the past couple weeks. Apparently, there is no logo for the school. There are 2 images that are commonly associated with the school, but I've noticed about dozen different (some not even similar) variations of each. A dozen and one if you include mine.

Thoughts?

Joe Pelonio
05-15-2007, 4:17 PM
As long as you are using an image that you own, and it's not their logo you should be fine. I don't know about the name though. You could probably use their mascot name but not the school name. In otherwords, a picture of a horse and the word "Broncos" but not "Madison High".

Craig Hogarth
05-15-2007, 4:57 PM
Thanks. You helped ease me a bit on it.

It's Oak Harbor High School, OHHS. I put OH on the top corner and wildcats in the bottom corner.

I'll post pictures later tonight. They've been selling pretty good.