PDA

View Full Version : One more Xmas project pic

Bob Lasley
01-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Good evening all,

Here is one last Christmas project. Plans for this bread knife were in a recent issue of Wood magazine. I made four of them and then decided a bread knife wasn't much good without a bread board, so I mad four of them to match, more or less. Both are made from maple and cherry. Knife is finished with Minwax Tung Oil finish, board is unfinished. The recipients have already reported excellent bread slicing capabilities! I'm still waiting on the loaves of homemade bread as gifts of appreciation! :D

Thanks for looking,
Bob

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-03-2004, 11:07 PM
That's really nice stuff Bob. I must have missed that article in Wood Mag, and I am glad you posted the pictures.........I will have to go back and root that out. The Knife design is neat, and the bread board is really pretty...........nice choice of wood, and excellent design as well. What is used for the blade on the Bread Knife? I really like the slice measuring capabilities built into the knife too...........someone had their thinking cap on when they came up with that idea. Nice work Bob, thanks for sharing the pics. Great Gift idea! ;)

Todd Burch
01-03-2004, 11:11 PM
You done well Bob!

The board looks like maple and cherry. The knife looks laminated - can't tell. Maybe the same - just oiled too?

Bob Lasley
01-03-2004, 11:17 PM
That's really nice stuff Bob. I must have missed that article in Wood Mag, and I am glad you posted the pictures.........I will have to go back and root that out. The Knife design is neat, and the bread board is really pretty...........nice choice of wood, and excellent design as well. What is used for the blade on the Bread Knife? I really like the slice measuring capabilities built into the knife too...........someone had their thinking cap on when they came up with that idea. Nice work Bob, thanks for sharing the pics. Great Gift idea! ;)

Kevin,

Wood had a source for the blades. Seems like they were about ten bucks a piece. Not too bad for SS blades. I'm thinking about ordering a few more as I have had several folks tell me they would like to have one of these knives.

Bob

John Miliunas
01-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Bob, neat gifts! You're right, the cutting board is a perfect compliment to the knife. Very nicely done! :cool:

Ron Jones near Indy
01-04-2004, 4:32 PM
Looks really nice, Bob. I'll bet you could keep busy making these for several weeks. Lots of people may be making hints for next Christmas.